JOB TODAY is Europe’s first and leading mobile hiring app for jobs in hospitality, retail, and other service sectors. We help a million people a month find and fill great jobs fast using an informal, social-oriented system that lets people show off their skills and their personality. In the short time since launching in 2015, we have have attracted hundreds of thousands of employers, processed over 65 million job applications, and raised over $30m from elite investors such as Accel Partners, Mangrove, Felix, and Flint. We’re at the top of the app charts and we’re making progress toward our dream of building a place where 100 million people come every single day to make their lives better. Now we need you to make that happen!
As a Senior UX/UI Designer on the team, you will be passionate about building a great product, understanding our business, and both understanding and delighting our users. You will know that the best products are ones that are beautiful, simple, and useful. You are smart, creative, curious, humble, and also self-driven to make things better. We’re a small team and everyone matters and makes a real impact and that impact will inspire you. You will have a good academic and practical foundation, with a mobile portfolio of design-lead products that anticipate user behavior and user psychology. You will thrive when talking to our users, people who work with our users, or discussing and debating how we can make an even better product. Does that sound like you?
What you will get to do
- Lead the design efforts for either our jobseeker or employer segments, covering both mobile and web-based users
- Create designs ranging from low-fi, interactive wireframes through high-polish UI mockups, with an emphasis on usability and user experience
- Actively contribute to product and company strategy, helping determine what we should build, who we should build it for, and how we should build it
- Lead user research efforts
- Combine data, experience, and intuition to delight and astound our users
- Collaborate with others across the product team and company
What you should have to land the job (today)
- At least 5 years in UX design (3+ years mobile-focused)
- Mastery of usability and user experience design and user interaction psychology
- Deep understanding of lean software development: design, build, measure, learn, iterate
- Good sense of responsibility to ship quick, quality releases for a highly used and loved app – an innate understanding of when to go fast and when to go slow
- Experience building and maintaining a design ecosystem, including design guidelines and UI kits
- Familiarity with UI design toolkits, such as Sketch
- Graphics design and illustration abilities are a nice to have
- Spoken and written fluency with English
Why you should join us
- You’ll be part of a growing international team building an exciting product that’s making a real difference in the lives of everyday people
- You’ll have significant ownership, autonomy, and impact on a chart leading app
- You’ll be proud of your work, helping millions of people find jobs within 24 hours!
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package
- You’ll get to work in Luxembourg, an amazing country nestled between Belgium, France and Germany that’s great for families, outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, people who enjoy shorter commutes, Europhiles, and everyone in between.
When can you start?
- To apply, please send your CV using the contact form below.
- Direct applicants only, please
- European citizens only, please
- Relocation assistance provided
- We are an equal opportunity company and we welcome smart people of all types