What is JOB TODAY doing about the GDPR?
May 14, 2018
Over the past months, we’re sure that you’ve been hearing about the new data protection law which will come into force on May 25, 2018.
As a company, we have always aimed to respect the data privacy of our users which is reflected in our current practices which prioritise user privacy. Nonetheless, in anticipation of the new GDPR legislation, we have encouraged cross-functional collaboration amongst our teams to ensure that we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
We will be carrying out several changes to our processes and documentation to ensure we improve where possible and meet the requirements of the GDPR. Furthermore, the GDPR principles have been incorporated into our product roadmap to ensure that we deliver on our obligations from a product perspective. This means that we will be introducing the necessary tools to ensure that you, our users, will have more control over your data if you wish to do so.
What is the GDPR?
We know you’ve probably been reading tons of articles, emails and web pages about the GDPR. Just in case you’re looking for a clear explanation, we’ve created a short summary for you:
The General Data Protection Act (GDPR) is a piece of legislation introduced by the European Union (EU), which will replace the Data Protection Directive adopted in 1995. The main aim of the GDPR is to provide EU citizens with more control over their data and how it is being used by companies. To provide more control, the GDPR addresses the processing of personal data including its collection, storage, transfer and/or use.
What are the main things JOB TODAY has done so far?
- Important Product Updates – After extensively reviewing our product’s features, we identified key improvement areas that could be implemented to meet any user data protection requests. These areas include the right of the user to access, rectify and delete their personal data. Based on this, we are improving our product to give you more control over your information and provided an easier process for you to change your contact and log-in details.
Here’s an overview of our GDPR Roadmap and our progress:
- Conduct thorough research of our product and other business areas impacted by GDPR, with the aid of outside experts – Done
- Developed a clear and prioritised roadmap to meet the requirements of GDPR – Done
- Created a support process within the app that makes it easy for users to request removal – In Progress
- Created a support process within the app that makes it easy for users to request access to any information we have about them – In Progress
- Audit all of our partner companies to ensure they protect your data to the same standards required within the EU – In Progress
- Appointed a Data Protection Officer to help manage our ongoing privacy landscape – In Progress
- Determined and implemented the required changes to our internal processes necessary to establish and maintain compliance with the GDPR – In Progress
How do these measures affect the way JOB TODAY works?
- JOB TODAY is a platform that focuses on helping job seekers maximise their chances of employment by building an engaging and attractive profile. We want to be there for our users throughout their careers. After submitting a job application, JOB TODAY will back up the candidate’s personal data, including their profile, so that it is always accessible when needed. All users will always have the right to access, rectify or remove their data, should they wish to do so.
- Ensuring JOB TODAY user’s data privacy and protection has always been a part of our core values. Therefore, we will continue to review and improve our data protection procedures. As stated in our existing terms, we do not share your data with third parties, except to help deliver our core services to you.
Thank you for reading this update!
The JOB TODAY Team