JOB TODAY is Europe’s first and leading mobile hiring app for jobs in hospitality, retail, and other service sectors. We help a million people a month find and fill great jobs fast using an informal, social-oriented system that lets people show off their skills and their personality. In the short time since launching in 2015, we have have attracted hundreds of thousands of employers, processed over 65 million job applications, and raised over $30m from elite investors such as Accel Partners, Mangrove, Felix, and Flint. We’re at the top of the app charts and we’re making progress toward our dream of building a place where 100 million people come every single day to make their lives better. Now we need you to make that happen!
The following points will give a taste of the role, but the most important traits we’re looking for are personality traits – we want smart, creative, curious, humble, and diligent team members who are self-motivating and entrepreneurial. We’re a small team, so everyone matters and makes an impact. You will have a good academic and practical foundation, but people that have the prior traits will fill in any skill gaps on their own – and love the learning challenge of doing so! Does this sound like you?
What you will get to do
- Innovate, implement, and iterate on our Android, iOS and/or web clients using some combination of ReactJS, React Native, Swift, and/or Java
- Actively contribute to product strategy across the board
- Combine data, experience, and intuition to delight and astound our users
- Operate as a fullstack frontend engineer, with ownership ranging across UI/UX through to the application logic and backend integration and covering all parts of the software lifecycle from concept through development, testing, and support
- Collaborate with others across our engineering, product, design, and commercial teams
What you should have to land the job (today)
- At least 5 years of experience in web or mobile development, preferably with ambitious B2C projects
- Deep understanding of lean software development: build, measure, learn, iterate – code with a clear purpose and experiment with metrics in mind
- Good sense of responsibility to ship quick, quality releases for a highly used and loved app – an innate understanding of when to go fast and when to go slow
- Solid foundations in general software engineering and application development concepts
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Experience using object oriented, typed languages such as Java, C#, etc. on the backend is a big plus
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, React Native, and/or Java for mobile development is a big plus
- Professional working proficiency with English
Why you should join us
- You’ll be part of a growing international team building an exciting product that’s making a real difference in the lives of everyday people
- You’ll have significant ownership, autonomy, and impact on a chart leading app
- You’ll be proud of your work, helping millions of people find jobs within 24 hours!
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package
- You’ll get to work in Luxembourg, an amazing country nestled between Belgium, France and Germany that’s great for families, outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, people who enjoy shorter commutes, Europhiles, and everyone in between.
When can you start?
- Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct applicants only, please
- European citizens only, please
- Relocation assistance possible
- We are an equal opportunity company and we welcome smart people of all types