Head of Compliance (m/f).
Position based in Paris- Available immediately
About Baobab (Formerly Microcred)
Baobab is the leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over 700,000 customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia andZimbabwe.
The group is headquartered in Paris and has centralised a number of back office functions to Dakar, Senegal.
In a context of rapid growth and change we are looking for a Head of Compliance (m/f).
The successful candidate will be responsible for compliance oversight for the Baobab Group and the implementation of compliance-specific tools.
Under the supervision of the Group General Secretary, your responsibilities will include:
1. Compliance :
• Identification of non-compliance risks and development of the Group non-compliance risk control points;
• Anti-Money Laundering (AML): monitoring of the implementation of tools to supervise the AML risk in the subsidiaries and follow-up of the AML missions of the supervisory authorities;
• Familiarization with the regulations governing the Baobab activities, and carrying out of a regulatory and legal watch for the entire Group and its subsidiaries. Communication and training at appropriate levels;
• Supervision of the Group entities’ reporting (reporting to shareholders, supervisory entities, contracting parties, etc.)
2. Internal Control
• Supervision of country procedures and participation in the drafting of the Holding and Group procedures with the heads of departments;
• In partnership with the functions concerned, implementation of a permanent control framework at the Group level and setting-up of tools to monitor its effectiveness.
- Type d'emploi
- Temps plein