About JOB TODAY
JOB TODAY’s mission is to become the best place in the world to find a job, fast!
We are Europe’s first and leading mobile hiring app, and aim to reduce job search barriers, connect people with local opportunities, and help millions of people find a job in as fast as 24 hours. Since our release in 2015 we have processed over 150 million job applications and over 6 million people are using JOB TODAY to find their next job.
JOB TODAY is headquartered in Luxembourg and has a second office in London. We have been backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms and are on tough, but exciting journey to become the world’s favourite mobile hiring platform. We have built a growing team of over fifty people as diverse as our users. From product development to customer service, we believe that different backgrounds help us provide our users with the best job search experience in the world.
The successful Senior Financial Controller will be a strategic individual with 5 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience. You will report to the VP Finance & Administration, working in a small team on a diverse set of projects spanning across finance, legal and admin in our headquarter office in Luxembourg.
In this role you will:
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Preparing and analysing company’s monthly financial results with respect to profits, trends, revenue and cost drivers and compliance with budgets to support business decisions.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial models, key matrices and reports.
- Gathering analytical insights and develop financial frameworks to help grow profitability.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning (annual budget and quarterly forecasts) and results management.
- Working closely with international subsidiaries, external accountants and other departments across the organisation.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with local regulations, transfer pricing policy, tax returns and statutory reporting.
- Treasury and cash flow management.
- Managing the annual audit.
- Reviewing a range of legal documents and contracts as relevant for the company operations.
- Performing ad-hoc project analyses.
- Other finance, legal and administrative duties as required.
Key skills and experience:
- A CPA (or equivalent) with big4 and industry experience, MBA – an advantage.
- 5 plus years of projects’ controlling and accounting in a service (not manufacturing) business with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment with foreign subsidiaries – an advantage.
- Experience scaling a finance operation from inception to millions in annual revenues – an advantage.
- Experience in corporate law- an advantage.
- Merger and acquisition finance/legal experience- an advantage.
- Global taxation experience- an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, hands-on approach, ambitious mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building relationships across business units.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Fluent in English- spoken and written. Other language/s- an advantage.
*Relocation package and support (if needed)
More about JOB TODAY
At JOB TODAY, we are working to be the best place in the world to find a job. To get there, we need exceptionally brilliant, dynamic, and driven people to help achieve that goal. If this mission resonates with you, then get ready to come help us change the world of employment!