Over the past months, everyone has been talking about the new data protection law which came into force on May 25, 2018. As a company, we’ve have always respected the data privacy of our users. In anticipation of the new GDPR legislation, we have encouraged collaboration amongst all our teams to ensure that we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
We have been implementing several changes to our processes and documentation to ensure we make all the necessary improvements to comply with GDPR. Furthermore, the GDPR principles have been incorporated into our product roadmap to ensure that we deliver on our obligations from a product perspective. This means that we will be introducing the necessary tools to ensure that our users will have more control over their data if they wish to do so.
What is GDPR?
We know that you’ve probably reading tons of articles, emails, web pages and blogs about GDPR. In case you want to read more, here’s a short summary:
The General Data Protection Act (GDPR) is a regulation introduced by the European Union (EU), which will replace the Data Protection Directive adopted in 1995. The main aim of the GDPR is to provide EU citizens with more control over their data, including how it is collected and being used by companies. To provide more control, the GDPR addresses the processing of personal data including its collection, storage, transfer and/or use. From a company perspective, the overarching aim is to be clear and ethical with the personal data collected and processed.
What has JOB TODAY done about GDPR?
We have commenced a plan to identify the measures we need to take in order to be fully compliant with GDPR.
Here is an overview of what we’ve done so far:
- Data Mapping — Working with external experts, we’ve performed a full audit and inventory of how personal data is used at Job Today
- Vendors — We’ve audited the partners and vendors that help us deliver our service to you, to ensure that they adhere to the high privacy and protection standards of GDPR
- Rights of individuals — We’ve ensured that users can exercise their right to data rectification, removal, and access within Job Today. You can do this today with our Support team and you will soon see new capabilities directly in our apps.
- Prepared our staff — We’ve communicated the importance of data protection and privacy to all JOB TODAY employees.
- Product Roadmap — all aspects of our product roadmap have been influenced by the GDPR and we will continue to work to provide greater transparency, greater protection, and greater freedom to you.
- Privacy Notice — We’re preparing an update to our privacy notice, which will help you to better understand how we use your data and how you can exercise your rights. In the meantime, please reach out to our Support team with any questions.
Job Today does not share your data with any third parties, other than to deliver our core capabilities – helping you find a job or helping you find staff.Request your data
Thank you for reading this update!
The JOB TODAY Team