Behaviour Intervention Teacher - The Falkland Islands.
Secondary Behaviour Intervention Teacher
The Falkland Islands
up to £39,903 per annum + relocation bonus (dependent on qualifications and experience)
2, 3 or 4 year contract with the option to extend to 5 years
August 2020 start
Education on the Falkland Islands is unique. The Islands have a small population, with big ambitions. It will be your job to help turn these ambitions into reality.
The successful candidate will be required to support and teach secondary aged pupils with varying special educational needs.
This position is to commence in August 2020, with a mandatory 2-week isolation period upon arrival. The Falkland Islands currently has no cases of COVID-19, and all previous cases made a full recovery.
Professionally, you will be a resilient and self-motivated individual, with qualified teacher status and at least 2 years post NQT teaching experience. Experience of teaching secondary aged students with varying special educational needs is essential for this role.
Personally, you should have a sense of adventure, resilience and a love for the outdoors due to the remote and rural nature of this position.
The package benefits
- Salary of £39,903 for teachers with 5 years+ experience
- Low rates of income tax
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- Airfare for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as airfares for return flights after every full year of the contract
- A relocation grant
- Subsidised accommodation to rent
- Free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- Fixed term contracts of either 2, 3 or 4 years in the first instance and the ability to extend to 5 years upon mutual agreement
For more information visit https://(url removed)/secondary-special-educational-needs-teacher-behaviour-intervention or contact Lauren Cartledge on (url removed)