Futures Recruitment Services are seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Development Management Manager.
To ensure the implementation of the Council’s development plan for the Borough, and provide advice on all matters relating to Development Management including planning enforcement, to ensure that the Borough is able to provide and meet the Council’s targets for growth, housing, employment, retail, community facilities, waste facilities and provision of minerals sites.
Key objectives for the Development Management Manager:
* Manage a Development Management Team covering distinct professional sub-teams of Senior Planning Officers, Planning Officers, Senior Enforcement Officers and Enforcement Officers. They will be managed to fulfil the Council’s statutory, regulatory and planning responsibilities.
* To develop policy guidance, working practices and regulatory procedures in relation to the separate Planning and Enforcement functions. Therefore ensuring an up-to-date and relevant context for decision-making on development proposals and enforcement matters.
* To manage and ensure that the distinct sub-teams of Senior Planning Officers, Planning Officers and Enforcement Officers and other relevant disciplines within the organisation prepare and present planning appeals and court actions in a timely manner ensuring that the best possible case is put forward in support of the council’s decision, and support and if necessary represent the council as an expert witness at public inquiries, hearings and court proceedings.
* To co-ordinate represent and manage the agendas and presentation of cases to the Development Control Committee/Panels and other working groups, forums or external meetings as appropriate.
* To support the Chief Planner in the delivery of the service and deputise at meetings when necessary and to engage with other managers within the organisation to ensure that effective and efficient service can be delivered.