In-house Tax Advisor - Engineering Company - Hertfordshire - Circa £45k-£55k + 15% bonus and benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for an in-house Tax Advisor position with a leading engineering company based in Hertfordshire, with the office located near to Hertford. This is a permanent position.
Working closely with the Tax Manager, the Tax Advisor will be responsible for a varied tax-focused role; The role is predominantly corporate tax focused, but also includes some work on VAT / Indirect tax and employment taxes.
The role contains a mix of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax advisory, project work and business partnering.
Timely and accurate tax compliance obligations, including:
• Preparation of the CT computations and returns;
• Accurate financial reporting of tax within the statutory account under IFRS
• Review VAT returns and sampling of data;
• Preparation of EC sales list and Intrastat supplementary returns;
• Assist with ET compliance and related matters, including PSA, STBV, P11D and temporary workers
• Review CIS returns and sampling of data;
• Assist with RDEC claims;
Assist the team in other areas of tax that include but are not limited to;
• Provision of tax technical advice to the business on CT, VAT, CIS, ET and RDEC matters;
• Assist the business with preparation for Making Tax Digital in April 2021;
• Assist the business with preparation for IR35 in April 2021;
• Assist the business with preparation for Domestic Reverse Charge in October 2020;
Other areas of work will include;
• Technical research
• General admin duties
• Liaising with other departments to assist them with tax queries
• Maintaining and updating working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information.
The company are ideally looking for a qualified accountant or tax advisor ( ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA), or someone nearing qualification.