All potential candidates should read through the following details of this job with care before making an application.
Line of responsibility
The Cleaner is directly responsible to the Caretaker
• To undertake allocated cleaning duties to the satisfaction of the Headteacher
• Collect and take waste to a disposal point.
• Undertake seasonal duties as required.
• Follow health and safety requirements as agreed.
• Comply with relevant regulations, rules and conditions.
• Onsite hours are 8:30 to 16:00 during COVID arrangements. Moving, by agreement, to after school hours at a later stage. Undertake additional cleaning duties as required in emergencies. If additional hours are agreed, these will be paid for at the agreed overtime rate.
Conditions of employment
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the Contract of Employment).
S/he shall be subject to all relevant statutory and institutional requirements.
To uphold the school's policy in respect of child protection matters.
The postholder may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks after consultation.
This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the postholder.
All staff participates in the school's performance management scheme.