Who am I working for?
Founded in 1604, Blundell’s is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 - 18 years. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
We are now looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team and support our financial functions.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £18,700 per annum
- 20 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Meals during term time
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Use of excellent sports facilities
If you have an interest in the world of business and finance and have prior experience in an office environment, this is a fantastic opportunity to step up into financial role with a passionate team.
Based in 90 acres of beautiful Devon countryside, Blundell’s fosters a friendly and open environment where you will be encouraged to develop your skills and experience.
So, if you want to advance your career with an institution that provides a nurturing and engaging learning experience for children, this is the role for you.
What will I be doing?
As a Finance Assistant, you will ensure the smooth running of the finance functions within the bursary.
Assisting the Finance Bursar, you will support all general accounting processes, including the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, control account reconciliations and quarterly VAT return submissions.
Additionally, you will:
- Raise sales ledger invoices on the system and send them out to customers
- Set up new customers on the system and update all details
- Check daily sales and return balance sheets
- Add daily shop sales and returns to the monthly spreadsheet
- Bank all cash and cheques
- Prepare financial analyses for presentations
- Check and collate monthly overnight stays returns
What do I need?
To join us as a Finance Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of working within an office environment