UX Designer - South Manchester - £45-50k
This is an 18-month contract, full-time role (36.25 hours per week) and offers a mix of office- and home-based work.
Well-respected housing charity, based in South Manchester, is looking for a UX Designer to join their marketing and communications team.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will carry out user research and testing to ensure that user needs are understood and met. You will be involved in end-to-end UX design, helping create elegant, efficient and intuitive products. You will build low and h-fidelity prototypes to be used for usability testing and communicating design requirements to the wider project team and be expected to get involved in meetups and conferences to better your knowledge and understanding of the UX community and user needs.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
• Proven experience of usability testing methodologies for web-based products and services
• Proven experience of creating research strategies/approaches
• Experience of facilitating workshops
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• A strong communicator, confident in explaining user needs
• Proven experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
• Experience of working in an agile environment, alongside designers, business analysts and developers
• Experience of creating designs and interfaces in-line with industry best practice.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team within a great company, doing great work. The company is highly committed to digital design (and UX specifically), with good budgets in place.