Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic looking for a rewarding new challenge and a chance to progress your career?
If so, Independent Assessment Services has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your existing skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor. As a registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic, you will be rewarded with a fantastic benefits package, with no weekend work required.
Your primary role working as a Disability Assessor will be to carry out functional assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities. You will be responsible for assessing PIP cases and for producing final paper-based reviews and other activities supporting the delivery of high-quality reports, within a back-office environment.
Given the wide range of conditions and disabilities the role will vary each day and will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge. You will be the first person to review PIP cases and will be responsible for analysing and interpreting medical information and evidence.
You will receive comprehensive training and have the ongoing support from a range of health professionals.
• Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs)
• Occupational Therapists
• 2 years post-qualification experience
• 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
• Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
• Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
• Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
• Health screening every 2 years after 1 years' service
• Thorough in-house and professional training and development, well over the requ...