We are seeking a maintenance operative to work on a part time, permanent basis for a luxury student accommodation provider based in Exeter. You will be responsible for completing general maintenance checks as included below:
This position will work across two of our clients sites, based very close to each other in central Oxford.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a proactive and friendly team that offers a variation of duties each day.
This position involves working 25 Hours per week, Monday - Friday. We can offer flexibility with working days/start times, please get in touch for further details
We are looking for somebody to start As soon as Possible
• To maintain a clean site and be responsible for reactive maintenance repairs i.e. plumbing or heating issues
• Use the Maintenance Reporting System to ensure everything is logged and updated
• To keep a log of reported defects and remedial actions undertaken and escalate requests for external contractors to attend to repairs
• Carry out regular testing of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
• To ensure the security of the properties, including fitting new locks and fixing/adjusting doors and windows.
• To make safe any broken glazing
• Carry out Portable Appliance Testing
• Ad hoc maintenance works as and when required
For this position we are seeking the following:
• Proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
• The ability to multi task and think on your feet
• Experience of working in a similar role (qualifications desirable but not essential)
• Reliable and the able to work to deadlines
• Friendly and approachable manner
Please get in touch for further details or to apply, we look forward to hearing from you.