Title: Data Scientist
Required Education: N/A
Our client designs and manufactures products to maximise consumption from Solar and Wind power. They were formed in 2016, currently have just shy of 30 employees and are growing!
This is a collaborative role where you will be working closely with every part of the business - engineering, development, manufacturing and finance. So far they have collected over £4,000,000,000,000 energy data points from their customers.
• Extract and compile data from multiple sources
• Apply your inquisitive mind and business acumen to mine the data for useful insights
• Slice and analyse the data from different angles, identify trends that highlight potential opportunities or issues.
• Understand the data science needs of colleagues from other departments including Sales and Engineering and use your knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and maths to create potential solutions
• Communicate your findings and recommendations using a range of tools including models, presentations and dashboards
• Extremely competent in using Excel advanced data analysis tools, power queries, pivot tables, data slicers and graphs
• Competent using SQL queries to extract and combine data from diverse data sources
• Confident in programming in Python or similar language, applied to the manipulation and visualisation of complex data set
• Free onsite parking