Assistant Store Manager.
About the Role
As an Assistant Store Manager at Matalan you’ll role model our Matalan Values and behaviours to support the Store Manager to exceed sales and profit targets and deliver all agreed KPI’s in your store. Developing and leading a high performing team you’ll drive an inspiring VM proposition and ensure stock availability is maximised. Engaging the store team to be the best they can be and to deliver an excellent customer experience every day.
• You’ll work alongside the store management team to drive performance, development and succession planning
• Drive a service culture within store through coaching the team and sharing best practice
• Drive commercial opportunity through daily analysis of sales performance, recorded floor walks and delegation of key actions to the store team
• Take responsibility for all aspects of compliance and audit related activities across the store
• Complete regular performance reviews to identify any development needs and encourage open and honest feedback
• Ensure the VM guide is followed to deliver an inspirational shopping experience
• Previous retail management experience ideally within a volume retailer
• Demonstrable track record of delivering high standards and KPI’s
• Proven high standards of customer engagement and service
• Strong leadership, listening and communication skills
• Good analytical ability and data interpretation skills
• Proven ability to develop others