Role: IT Manager
While professional experience and qualifications are key for this role, make sure to check you have the preferable soft skills before applying if required.
Location: Penryn, Cornwall
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
**INTERVIEWING NOW - DO NOT MISS OUT**
A leading, forward-thinking managed service provider has an exciting opportunity for a talented Technical Service Desk Manager / Service Desk Team Lead to manage their remote team of Service Desk Engineers.
As their Technical Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Service Desk team and providing overflow 2nd to 3rd level IT support.
This role requires both, strong managerial and hands-on technical experience. Your expected technical knowledge and hands-on experience should be sufficient to be able to understand resource requirements and provide guidance to other engineers or directly resolve support requests.
About the role:
* Overviewing and managing workflow of Service Desk to achieve maximum time utilisation, faster ticket turnaround and greater customer satisfaction
* Responding to and dealing with overflow support requests, providing guidance and technical help to other team members that you manage
* Setting up processes, templates and workflows to improve the work of the Service Desk
* Implementing SLA and monthly KPI reporting
* Responsible for managing 3-4 people
* Visiting various clients' sites, in London and surrounding areas on an occasional basis
* 5+ years' technical experience
* Previous experience of managing a service desk with 200+ companies, or working with a Managed Service Provider as a Service Desk Manager, managing 3+ people
* Experience in managing an ITIL based Service Desk
* Advanced knowledge of ConnectWise Manage and Automate (or similar systems) is essential
* Experience in implementing processes and workflows in the work of Service Desk
* Software and Hardware Troubleshooting skills
* Windows 7, Windows 8, ...