Our client in East Kent are looking to recruit a Network Engineer to join this business at an exciting time, with planned expansion and a number of projects in progress. Salary is dependent on experience.
Your responsibilities include:
• Provide remote and onsite 2nd/3rd line technical support for hardware and software issues to strict SLA's across a wide variety of technologies
• Lead 'Root Cause Analysis' investigations into network faults and ensure all problem tickets are logged into our Helpdesk System, with regular progress notes
• Keep the customer regularly updated with issue resolution progress
• Proactively identify potential problems and issues on customer sites and identify opportunities to implement improved solutions
• Networking design/troubleshooting/installation, along with maintain network diagrams and documentation
• Deliver exceptional customer service and demonstrate the ability and desire to go 'above and beyond' for our customers
• Experience of working in a busy IT Service Desk environment
• Minimum 3-5 years Cisco experience, performing new installs, upgrades, troubleshooting, along with day to day operations of remote sites.
• CCNA qualified or equivalent experience and exposure to Cisco networks and Security Firewalls, ASA's, VPN's
• Confident customer facing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual
• Professional attitude, efficient time keeping, ability to prioritise work and have a flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours if required
• Full UK driving license as you will be expected to travel to customer sites
• Studying towards CCNP or qualified, with exposure to networking software SolarWinds, PRTG, WhatsUp, Pulseway
• Exposure to Netgear switches, Unifi Switches and WiFi devices
• Exposure to Mikrotik Routers
• A solid understanding of Wireless technolog...