Building Control Inspector.
Building Control Inspector
East Anglia – Thetford
£38,000 – £53,000 DOE
An industry leading provider of Structural Insurance warranties with an international presence and a respected brand
To provide site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
* Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
* Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
* Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
* Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to create good working relationships with other construction professionals
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Demonstrable abi...