Support Worker - Training Provided - Learning Disability.
Prospero are currently supporting a not for profit organisation in the recruitment of Support Workers for their Learning Disability and Autism Service.
Experience of working within health and social care isn't required as we are seeking new ideas and a fresh perspective. Full Training, coaching and induction will be guided by and experienced and enthusiastic senior team member that are committed in supporting you from the get go!
As a Support Worker, you will be providing personalised care to young adults, acting as their advocate and ensuring that we meet the high standards we believe in. This could be shopping, cooking, art, walking, fishing, cinema, gym, swimming, socialising, gardening, sports… the list is endless.
Main duties will include:
• Facilitate the daily routine of the person by supporting them to obtain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
• Implement individual support plans and risk management plans to meet the needs and aspirations of the person
• Accompany people on activities and/or social outings and actively participate as required.
• Previous experience of working within a health and social care environment is not essential as full training and induction is provided, if you do have experience we'd like to talk to you too.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Good IT skills
• Time management
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• Patience and resilience
Day shifts: 7:30am - 3pm and 2:45pm - 10:15pm (Based on a four-weekly rota with every other weekend off).
• 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Excellent training and support
• Perkbox, an online discount scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Group life assurance
• Long service and staff awards
Please apply and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your application with y...