Barking & Dagenham College is a vibrant and highly successful College in East London with circa 12,500 students, circa 500 established staff and a turnover of £35m. The College offers routes into learning from entry level through to MBA level, including apprenticeships, higher level apprentices, higher education and job centre plus clients. We have technical specialist areas from level 3 and above with a broad-based curriculum up to level 2. We are immensely proud of the achievements of our students, our entrepreneurial and motivated staff team and our extensive partnership network. The College trains circa 850 apprentices, including circa 110 higher level apprenticeships and delivers work place training, traineeships and higher level technical and professional specialisms up to MBA level in our 4 strategic vocational areas; Construction, Design & Management; Engineering including mechatronics & robotics; Digital Creative; Health & Social Care and Leadership and Management across the pan London occupational sectors.
Join our Team!
This role will also involve working as part of a busy team and liaising with colleagues from other departments as well as:
* Report to the Director of Finance & Estates.
* Deputise as required for the Director of Finance & Estates.
* Manage direct reports within the finance team in accordance with college policies and procedures.
* Assist in the preparation of the college and its subsidiaries company annual revenue and capital budgets.
* Prepare sector budgets using a course file model approach, from the bottom up.
* Prepare monthly management accounts for presentation to the senior management team and committees.
* On a monthly basis monitor the financial position of all cost centres and provide support to budget managers. This will involve meeting with managers, providing financial advice and recommending to the Director of Finance & Estates the remedial a...