Experience and Qualifications:
• Substantial experience and competence with AutoCAD & AutoCAD Plant 3D
• Experience in similar roles as piping designer for small- and medium-scale projects
• Excellent computer knowledge, including AutoCAD & Microsoft Office suites
• Excellent communication ability both verbal and written
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, to deadline & within budget
• Knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME, BSi, ISO, etc)
• Full UK driving license
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Knowledge of BIM and associated standards (BS 1192)
• Knowledge of Navisworks, model federation and clash detection
This role involves work within the CAD & Piping department of a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy firm.
You will work alongside senior engineers to deliver projects to clients from a wide range of industries.
You will have experience with industry-standard 2D/3D CAD packages, & site surveying techniques.
• Responsible for creation, preparation, and modification of 2D and 3D drawings/models using AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Navisworks, and other industry-standard software suites.
• Responsible for piping design at all design stages: conceptual, preliminary, detailed engineering, construction
• A strong knowledge of other disciplines is necessary to ensure the design interfaces with other departments are managed effectively, including process, mechanical, and EC&I
• Typical 2D output: PIDs, PFDs, GAs, details, pipe supports, isometrics, site layouts, hazardous area classification layouts
• Typical 3D output: 3D piping, mechanical equipment modelling, Navisworks 3D model federation, clash detection, modelling from point cloud data, 3D point cloud manipulation, BIM compliant models
• Familiar with working in both 2D and 3D spaces, and good understanding of which is suitable depending on task
• Perform occasio...