Senior Scientific Writer.
Senior Scientific Writer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 0AX
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About the role - Senior Scientific Writer:
As a Senior Scientific Writer at Abcam, you will be passionate about communicating scientific topics to life science academic researchers and industry professionals. As part of our content marketing strategy, you will provide audiences with persuasive and creative content to educate and tell stories that highlight expertise and innovation, while continually ensuring scientific accuracy and credibility.
You will be experienced in developing content marketing across a range of platforms, including websites or blogs, email, social media, as well as offline materials. Exceptional written communication skills are therefore essential, along with a flair for storytelling.
You will drive content marketing projects, from planning to execution and performance tracking, coordinating input and feedback from multiple stakeholders. You will have experience reviewing work produced by others, confidently identifying and communicating the strengths and weaknesses of any new content. You will guide, direct and edit work produced by other writers, managing their development as well as providing feedback that inspires.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Scientific Writer:
• Plan and create valuable and persuasive scientific content marketing materials for academic and industry life science audiences
• Maintain awareness of industry advancements and trends and leverage this information to develop content themes and topics
• Unearth stories from inside the organisation to create thought-leadership pieces that highlight our expertise
• Combine inputs such as prioritised company messaging, content strategy and SEO keyword analysis to develop content plans for campaigns and other projects
• Analyse and report on content performance, using information to improve future work, develop trials...