Firewall Administrator - Security Engineer.
This company is looking to recruit a Security Engineer. The Security Engineer is responsible for the configuration, monitoring, management and troubleshooting of firewalls. One of the ways this will be done is by monitoring the Remedy ticket queue and then complying with proper policies and procedures to allow the business to operate and communicate in a secure solution. All the work must be done following proper security policies and industry standards as well as the promotion of security best practices. Primary Duties and Responsibilities: - Function as an internal consulting resource on network security issues specifically firewall technologies.
- Day to day responsibilities to include standard change control and troubleshooting issues.
- Liaison with local region network engineering and technical support groups to assist in the reviewing, design and deployment of new services, review existing services and migration of services/systems.
- Performs recurring maintenance activities such as device upgrades and patches with primary focus firewalls.
- Managing key relationships with security partners and other internal departments.
- Governing certification, adherence and compliance to all security requirements as required by the company.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with the latest security issues
- Sponsorship and execution of technology & security advancements.
- Ensuring production systems are secure, up to date and vulnerabilities managed in a timely and effective manner.
- In-depth operational and technical knowledge of cybersecurity concepts including, but not limited to Security, Information, and Event Monitoring (SIEM) tools