We have an exciting opportunity for a Yard Operative to join our Living Space Responsive team in Birmingham. The key focus of this role will be to be responsible for ensuring waste materials are disposed of correctly, and to maximise the full potential of waste recycling services available and to oversee all deliveries in and out the site.
WLS are responsible for maintaining the largest area to be awarded to a single maintenance provider by the council. This includes approximately 12,664 properties in West Central Birmingham.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• To control the day to day running of the waste area, enforcing the required PPE is being worn, ensuring waste goes into the correct bins, keeping the waste area clean & Tidy, ordering of waste removal and ensuring all signage is displayed
• Sorting and grading rubbish and materials, general housekeeping duties, keeping the yard tidy.
• To assist in the reduction of waste materials going to land fill
• To document R & M / Capital teams waste, and ensure only waste coming from Wates sites are dispose at Kings Rd
• Oversee all deliveries in & out of kings road site; (Materials, Haz waste, Glass, UPVC frames etc.)
We are looking for you to have a good knowledge of product make up, with the ability to liaise with external bodies, contractors and suppliers and keep accurate record keeping.
To be successful in the role you will be an assertive individual with the ability to use one’s own initiative as well as being a good communicator and have the ability to work flexibly to start and finish times.