Safety Engineer - Systems (Lead).
My Client, an industry leading aerospace company, are currently looking for a Safety Engineer (Lead) to join their team in Bristol on a 6 Month contract basis
Role: Safety Engineer (Lead)
Reporting to the Safety Lead and the SCIS Capability Lead, lead System Safety engineering for the SCIS programme. Undertake development and in-service System Safety activities in support of the customer safety related Information Systems and Service Safety cases.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
1. Assist and lead the programme planning and support for safety activities
a. Safety programme scoping and planning
b. Resource workload planning
c. Support to bids and proposals
d. Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
2. Lead on the development of System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with Safety Policy and Defence Standard 00-056 for the SCIS programme including the development and update of:
a. Safety Management Plans
b. Safety assessments for safety related data and information systems and the selection and application of appropriate software safety techniques.
c. Hazard Identification and Analysis including:
i. Functional Failure Analysis
d. Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools.
e. Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for products and services
f. Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
3. Proactively support customer and supplier safety meetings and chair System Safety Working Groups
Some UK travel is expected.
* Formal system safety training
* Demonstrable experience leading and developing Safety Assessments for ground based systems, Information Systems and data.
* Previous industry Safety Engineering experience in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Sta...