Group Leader Waste Services.
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here. We currently have an exciting leadership opportunity to join us as Group Leader, Waste Services. This is a key role required to strengthen our leadership team during a period of sustained business growth.
Check you match the skill requirements for this role, as well as associated experience, then apply with your CV below.
Group Leader, Waste Services
Closing date: 14th August
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme and other associated benefits which you would expect from a leadership role are also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
You will ensure delivery of Operational Services in support of the Programme across the Business. Providing Technical Level ownership for Licence and Authorising Conditions. You will be responsible for providing technical direction, competence and knowledge in order to develop arrangements and oversee performance monitoring activities. Ensuring Site Services are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient way.
• Regulatory Interface: Member of the Level 3 RIM and Chair for sub -function level 4's.
• Member of the Corporate Radioactive Waste Advisory Panel as Head of Waste.
• Sets direction and develops a shared understanding of individual's roles in delivering the AWE vision and strategy.
• Engages and inspires colleagues, promoting a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages staff to seek opportunities for continuous improvement and personal development.
• Provision of competent Waste resour...