Life Science and Pharmaceuticals
£20,000 - £24,000
A enterprising Food Technology start up going through a large period of growth are looking to employ Laboratory Technicians in to a small growing team, If you are motivated, self-starter and want to succeed then my client can offer you ways in to the largest food manufacturing companies and to work with an appreciative and passionate company who believe all levels within the business are valued and you would be able to grow within your team as they will be doubling again over the next year. If you have been thinking about a change this is the time to reach out and discuss this, these roles rarely become available.
As Laboratory Technician you will support across a range of lab functions focusing within a research setting. The ideal person for the role will have a minimum of a Bachelors in a Biological, Chemical or Environmental Science and have proven experience working in a commercial Lab environment.
Reporting to, and supported by, a Senior Research Scientist, your duties as a laboratory technician will be varied; however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Review literature and liaise with other research staff to understand the underpinning biology and enzymology, enabling you to apply this to developing processes and screening assays.
- Helping to design experiments and research strategies to achieve personal, group and company goals.
- Taking full responsibility for accurately performing experiments, documenting methods and results as well as analysing and interpreting data.
This is a unique opportunity to join the team at a very exciting stage of growth, as a Laboratory Technician you will have the following experience:
- Proven laboratory experience, ideally gained within an industrial lab environment
- A relevant university degree in biological, chemical or environmental sciences is advantageous.
- Bioprocessing based method...