Company description: 89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day. Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients. Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites. Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities. Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area. Job description: We are looking for a Chef with a good knowledge of health & safety and due diligence systems. Working under the guidance of a Chef Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast-growing business. Your key responsibilities as the Cook will consist of: - Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety...