Howett Thorpe are delighted to be working exclusively with a forward thinking, commercially minded, growing multi-academy Trust. They are head quartered in Newton Abbot with schools across Devon.
Management Accountant- About the Role
• The Trust is in its next phase of growth and are now looking to recruit a part / newly qualified management accountant to their already 13 strong finance team.
• This role will report to and work closely with the Assistant Finance Manager.
• You will assist in the production, collation and reporting of the monthly management accounts.
• You will assist in the production of the annual budget and then analyse and report on variance across the year.
• You will be responsible for commercial analyse looking at both group and individual business units. You will business partner with heads of schools and heads of departments, such as; IT, facilities, Events & Catering, Procurement, Marketing etc. As such you will need to drive and own a car to be able to visit business units as required.
This is very much a commercial role and the Trust are looking for someone who comes from a commercial background, you will be able to challenge process and procedure offering efficiencies and solutions. This role is not a head down accountant position, you will enjoy analyse, implementing improvements, cost saving, ad-hoc and long term project work and are not someone to accept the status quo.
Whilst the Trust are unable to offer any financial remuneration for relocation, they are extremely open to anyone who wishes to relocate to Devon and will offer as much support as they can in your move and integration. Both the Finance Director/COO and the Finance Manager held senior positions within commercial organisations in London and moved to Devon for a lifestyle change.
The successful Management Accountant will:
• Be a part or recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA).
• You will have had a minimum of...