Project Developer - Planning and Procurement.
Project Developer - Planning and Procurement
Location: Must be based in Scotland. Remote working with regular travel around Scotland. Occasional travel to Cardiff and elsewhere in GB.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits + Company Car or Cash Allowance
Contract: Full time, Permanent - Flexible Working Patterns Available
Welsh Power is a leading developer and operator of assets designed to support the transition to a zero-carbon electricity system.
We operate in excess of 550MW of flexible gas generation assets and are one of five companies to have won a high-profile National Grid ESO stability pathfinder contract for a new piece of stability hardware to be built in South Wales.
We are an employee-owned business, investing in our culture and supporting and trusting our employees is our top priority!
This is an exciting role to manage the planning, consenting and project tendering processes for a portfolio of new developments in Scotland at the forefront of the energy transition.
As our Project Developer - Planning and Procurement, you will:
* Being the driving force behind the Principal Designer role through the planning and tendering phase of the projects
* Working with OEMs and other equipment providers to become familiar with cutting-edge new technology and grid infrastructure, particularly from a consenting perspective.
* Working with a team of designers, experts and consultants to project manage the design, planning and consenting process for the new developments
* Preparing Invitations to Tender and associated tender documentation
* Supporting the contractor selection process
* Supporting any due diligence activities
* Project managing any necessary planning amendments and discharging of conditions
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
* A degree in a relevant discipline, preferably engineering or science
* At least 3 years' experience within a professional company with direct experience of c...