Torpoint Ferry Maintenance Assistant
Salary: £22,974.96 - £23,434.44 per annum based on 42.5 hours per week (37 hours per week + 5.5 hours contracted over time)
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Location: Cornwall, PL11
We are on the lookout for an experienced Plant Operator with a telehandler to assist a busy team at the Torpoint Ferry. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the small but essential Ferry Maintenance team at the Torpoint Ferry. This is a dynamic and safety critical role in a unique environment.
The Torpoint Ferry delivers an important public service to join Plymouth with the Rame Peninsula in South East Cornwall. The service operates up to 3 ferries at any one time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It is the busiest estuarial ferry crossing in the UK, carrying approximately 2.4 million vehicles per year.
· Carry out Telescopic Handler lifting operations as requested, using forks, hook and bucket
· Assist in engineering support activities
· Responsible for the cleanliness and safe storage of all plant equipment, ferry spares, consumable stores (De-icing salt, Biocide inhibitor etc) and waste within the yard area.
· Ensure that the slipways are maintained and kept clear of weed growth
· Responsible for carrying out routine maintenance and inspection of all lifting equipment including chain blocks and lifting slings. Ensure the correct storage of this equipment and assist independent inspectors with annual insurance inspections and audits.
· Maintain operating and maintenance records for the Telescopic Handler and associated equipment.
The person we are looking for must:
· Full UK Driving Licence
· 2 years’ experience working with plant machinery
· Thorough working knowledge of lifting and slinging regulations and health and safety regulations
· Hold a Telescopic Operators Handling Certificate and an IPAF (International Power Access Federation) certificate
· Team ...