Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking a Production Engineer to join our client’s well-established manufacturing business near Tiverton. Working in a multi-disciplined team, your role will be to collaborate with NPD team to ensure efficient on time releases of new products focusing on design for manufacture, assembly and test. You will ensure appropriate production processes are defined and implemented prior to release. Once accepted the production engineer will be responsible for maintaining the production test and calibration equipment specifically related to electrical and electronic sub-assemblies. Maintenance of the product to end of life, especially with respect to component obsolescence is an important part of this role
• Production test and acceptance of new products.
• Developing and overseeing the equipment and machinery used in the production processes.
• Design and maintenance of standard work for in house production, CEMs and critical mechanical suppliers.
• Collaborating with new product development teams, influencing the design process to incorporate manufacturing requirements from the initial stage:
- Contribute to preliminary design reviews:
* Gain early understanding of mechanics, electronics, software and test requirements being considered and their potential impact upon production and suppliers.
* Develop enabling production strategies with NPD team, production and suppliers e.g. DFA, new production processes.
* Contribute to PFMEA by developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Contribute critical design reviews:
* Assist with production candidate build where appropriate.
* Ensure early involvement with CEM to define production, test and quality requirements.
* Oversee the production of draft standard work instructions (SWI).
* Oversee pre-production procurement and build.
* Manage pre-production verification and process validation.
- Acceptance of production release:
* Ensure vali...