Director of Medical Affairs, Oncology.
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
• Work in collaboration with Medical Affairs United Kingdom and Ireland Leadership team (UKILT), lead the Oncology Medical Affairs Directorate to:,
• Strategically plan for the implementation of oncology medicines in Lung Cancer, Women’s’ cancers (Breast and Ovarian), Gastrointestinal cancers, Melanoma, Genito-urinary cancers, Head and Neck cancers and utilising the team (and working in partnership with commercial) to create Medical Action Plans (MAPs) for each key therapy area.
• Deliver, through leadership of the team, tactics in the MAPs to a high standard of medical affairs excellence, and in doing so, seek to administer new capabilities for the team where needed.
• Represent the company medical function as the senior leader for their Oncology portfolio at clinical or scientific meetings or by through direct 1:1, building strong relationships with top tier stakeholders in healthcare provision, academic research and commissioning.
• Lead for the UK Working closely with External Affairs, Scientific Policy, to ensure detailed mapping of emerging and evolving UK life sciences capabilities and opportunities to connect these with UK MAPs and global strategies.
• Ensure a detailed knowledge of the company early and late pipeline is developed and maintained and strategic engagement / alignment with discovery, development and search and evaluation teams to understand their needs.
• Undertake advice seeking activities for pipeline medicines and define the potential impact on the patient early in the development cycle.
• Working in close collaboration with the Head of Health Technology Assessment and Outcomes Research, maintain oversight of UK medical affairs Phase 3b and phase 4 (RWD) projects, with matrix leadership of study operations and budget, delivering an inclusive data generation and publication plan. In partnership with market access and co...