We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to lead the management accounting function of Affinity Trust.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with the technical competence and understanding of financial best practices previously gained from a similar environment.
You will need to be involved in the day-to-day detail, whilst also able to step back to see the bigger picture in terms of growing the business. This commercial role is critical in adding value and supporting business performance. You will also need to have excellent Excel skills and good attention to detail. Due to the breadth of this role, the ability to form strong working relationships is crucial.
Affinity Trust employs 2000 staff and supports over 1,000 people with learning disabilities across England and Scotland, helping them live as independently as possible. We’ve been supporting people with learning disabilities for more than 25 years.
Whether enabling people to live in their own homes, giving opportunities to enjoy community-based activities, or supporting people into work, we aim to ensure that those we support can live life to the full.
Skills & Experience:
• Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
• Knowledge of accounting rules and principles.
• Knowledge of financial budgeting and forecasting.
• Knowledge of financial & management accounts.
• Minimum of 3 years financial experience in commercial or Not For Profit sector.
• Minimum of 2 years experience of preparing management accounts
• Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Able to communicate at the highest level with professionals and peers
• Able to communicate to those with no finance skills
• Able to work effectively in partnership with peers to deliver solutions to issues.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the highest levels of probity.
• Ability to work hands on when required.
• Able to work within a team.