Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 700 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all of our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer services.
• Deal with customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way.
• Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including; stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
• Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy.
• Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager.
• Ability to work to own initiative
• Planning and organising skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
In return for your h...