Management Accountant | Manufacturing | Derbyshire | £25,000 - £30,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a leading manufacturing business, based in Derbyshire.
The role of Management Accountant reports into the Financial Controller within a small Finance team of 6 and is a newly created role due to growth of the business and anticipated future demand.
The day to day responsibilities involve:
• Run the monthly period end close down and manage the business P&L, including full ownership for a small subsidiary business
• Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
• Produce cash-flow forecasts
• Manage raw material spend
• Fixed asset register
• Produce monthly management accounts pack and KPI's
• Weekly and monthly payroll
• Prepare VAT returns
• Variance analysis
• Budgets and forecasts
• Proactively engage in the multitasking environment
• Monitor workflows through the office on a daily basis ensuring backlogs are minimised and that all tasks are completed
• Ensure all journals and other accounting entries are posted so that management accounts can be produced on a timely basis
• Assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and information for the auditors
• Qualified AAT or currently studying ACCA/CIMA
• A thorough understanding of Double Entry Bookkeeping
• Intermediate Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups and ideally some understanding of Macros
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forward...