Midwife Band 5 - Reading, Berkshire.
For a role based in Reading, Berkshire, Athona Recruitment is currently recruiting a band 5 Midwife to work for an NHS Trust on an ad-hoc basis.
About the role
This role will be based in a busy and dynamic environment within the maternity ward of the hospital.
Duties will include:
• Caring for and assisting women in labour
• Deliver babies and provide antenatal and postnatal advice
• Examining and monitoring pregnant women
• Assessing care requirements and writing care plans
• Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
• Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
• Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
• Monitoring the foetus during labour
• Offering support and where needed advice to parents with the daily care of their new born babies
• Supporting parents with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
• Writing records
• Identifying high-risk pregnancies
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Be fully trained in Midwifery
• Hold a valid NMC pin
• Have at least six months experience, preferably in a similar position
• Provide a clear, in-date DBS.
Why choose Athona?