£24,500 + £1775 Outer London weighting per year
37Hours - Permanent - Full-Time (Rota basis includes earlies, evening, weekends and sleep in's)
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Haydock Short Breaks is a 6 bedded service providing short breaks to children and their families aged 8 to 18 years of age. The service supports children and young people who have various disabilities and complex needs. The aim is to ensure they provide a fun and welcoming environment.
As a Residential Worker you'll help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care. You'll also attend training, team meetings and supervision during the day.
You will make a difference by:
- Having a higher level of accountability.
- Supporting the children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- Maintaining relationships with the families to ensure they feel confident with the care being provided.
- Shift leading / Supervising staff / Rota allocations.
- Being a Key Worker updating care plans and risk assessment.
- Liaising and building a strong rapport with families, multi agencies and attending meetings.
You will need:
- Experience of working with children/ young people or elderly with disabilities would be an advantage.
- Level 3 QCF Working with Children and Young People or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- Working on own initiative, but also ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A positive and confident approach to engaging with children and young people.
- A flexible approach to working hours (service open seven days a week).
- A good standard of written English for accurate for record-keeping purposes.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child ...