Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer Cryogenic.
To ensure the business maintains its position as the leading provider of Cryo-SEM preparation chambers and EM coaters by developing new products, particularly in the Cryo-EM area. A new position has been created to meet increased demand for new product development, with a focus on working with electron microscope manufacturers to develop integrated products.
My client is a market leading, stable and growing design and manufacturing business in East Sussex.
The Electro-mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for designing new products for Cryo-EM sample preparation. Tasks will include:
• Liaising with Sales, Marketing and OEM customers to define customer needs and document them in technical requirements.
• Producing 3D models and 2D CAD drawings to BS888.
• Create CAD (SolidWorks) BOMs and Assembly structures, allocating new part numbers from development models.
• Manufacture/Assembly/Test of Prototypes.
• Generate BOMs and support documentation prior to release of product to production.
• Advising engineers at OEM design departments in the UK and overseas on the best way to integrate cryogenic sample prep products into their microscopes.
• Proposing possible solutions for critical sample prep problems based on a deep understanding of thermal dynamics and material properties.
• Training sales representatives and distributors on the capabilities of the product.
• Analysing designs for thermal performance, calculating heat loads and thermal conductivity of components.
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
• Strong mechanical design background working within vacuum technology or cryogenic sectors.
• Must be competent in using SolidWorks and PDM.
• Knowledge of High Vacuum Systems: design, build and test,
• Knowledge of design calculations for vacuum system components (conductance, pump-down times, etc.) and for thermal components (thermal conduct...