Health & Safety Officer.
Health & Safety Officer
Location: Cononish Mine Site, FK20 8RY – Help with relocation is provided
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Contract: Minimum four-month contract, basic 45-hour week Mon-Fri, may turn into permanent role
SGZ Cononish Ltd operate an underground gold and silver mine at Tyndrum in Scotland. The ore process plant currently under construction is designed to initially treat 3000 tonnes per month of ore using a combination of crushing and grinding, gravity concentration and froth flotation, producing a gravity concentrate and a sulphide mineral concentrate.
The gravity concentrate will be treated on site to produce gold doré and the sulphide concentrate will be sent off site for further treatment. The anticipated Life of Mine is 9 years, during which time approximately 176,000 ounces of gold will be produced. The mine is located in a semi-remote area of outstanding natural beauty within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, and the surrounding area provides many opportunities for outdoor recreational activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Primary lead & coordinator for company Health & Safety activities
* Ensure compliance with company coronavirus infection control procedures
* Advise management team on legal requirements and industry best practice
* Work in conjunction with the management team to drive the Safety agenda
* Drive culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures
* Liaise with Project Manager to monitor and audit activities of Contractors with respect to health and safety performance during the plant construction phase
* Coordinate the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and help develop the safe system of work for the mine, process plant and surface operations
* Coordinate adverse event investigations
* Carry out routine Site Health & Safety audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
* Organize H&S tr...