Custodial Operations Manager.
Custodial Operations Manager – Residential
HMP & YOI Doncaster, Yorkshire
Salary: £30,306 – £38,257 (Permanent, Full-time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for an experienced Custodial Operations Manager to join our team at HMP & YOI Doncaster. Working with the Residential function, you will provide line management to staff in specific areas of the establishment. This includes responsibility for the management of staff, overseeing the management of prisoners, and coordinating and monitoring of the operations of all areas within the prison. The role is also critical in leading staff by example to ensure all prisoners are treated respectfully and humanely whilst ensuring that staff are fully aware of their accountabilities in delivering a safe, secure and rehabilitative environment.
As Manager you are responsible for driving Serco’s Governing Principles, ensuring that your area of managerial responsibility functions efficiently and effectively, operating within the bounds of all local and national orders, rules and regulations and expectations that members of the public would have of yourself and Serco. Key accountabilities include:
• Contribute to managing the security of the Prison in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of a safe, secure and hygienic working environment.
• Oversee and be accountable for the provision of services to prisoners, including program, employment and activities, to encourage an environment of positive interaction between staff and prisoners.
• Coordinate and oversee the management of prisoner accommodation areas, including the health, safety and welfare of prisoners, staff and members of the general public in accordance with Prison policies and procedures.
• Ensure that your staff, and you fully utilise PNOMIS in terms of ACCT, VR, personal officer and so forth, making regular, relevant and informative entries.
• Ensure that y...