Engineering Change & Configuration Manager.
Job Description - Engineering Change & Configuration Manager (45530) Job Description Engineering Change & Configuration Manager-45530 Description
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
The exciting new role as a Change & Configuration Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring all engineering changes are managed in compliance with Group Rail standards and that business processes reflect this.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
• Organise & manage a portfolio of engineering changes through a lifecycle from proposal and review to full approval
• Connect with Regulatory Bodies, Design Authorities and other relevant functions involved in the process and governance of engineering change
• Connect with and manage internal & external stakeholders to the change process
• Drive improvements in process throughput, quality standards and cost recovery supported by performance metrics
• Responsible for the configuration standard for all managed assets at Design Freeze and throughout the process of commissioning and Acceptance by the customer
• Maintenance of configuration baseline as in service changes are implemented
• Develop the process to ensure consistency and rigour in application across all assets
• Develop KPI a...