Support Worker - Gt Yarmouth and surrounding villages.
Support Worker – Great Yarmouth and surrounding villages
If you’re interested in applying for this job, please make sure you meet the following requirements as listed below.
Hourly rates are £9.51 (weekdays) and £10.31 (weekends) plus mileage at 20p per mile
Hours required are part time initially working towards full time with the option to work in the Domiciliary department for additional hours.
• Some experience preferred in dealing with adults with learning disabilities; Autism/ Asperger’s, mental health, disabled parent and children and challenging behaviour.
• Car owner/driver is essential in this role for ease of attending social engagements, appointments and so on
• The candidate must have the following qualities: be flexible, reliable, sociable and possess a helpful, willing and friendly nature
• We offer full training and the option of working towards NVQ and specialist training
As a Support Worker, you will be involved in supporting the daily activities of our clients in a person-centred manner; promoting their dignity, independence, well-being, and becoming an integral part of their lives.
Assistance is required with the following tasks (though not limited to):
• General housekeeping including cleaning, laundry, cooking and gardening
• Taking and accompanying on social visits and activities including college visits, shopping trips, lunches and other outings
• Essentially, ensuring a high standard of support is delivered by recognising, facilitating and assisting with day-to-day needs
• To treat all clients with privacy, dignity, respect, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
• Maintain a professional manner when dealing with relatives.
This is a personally rewarding role with competitive pay where you can build on your skills and experience, whilst delivering exceptional support to our service users and their families.
We are a small team that are recognised ...