We have an exciting opportunity for a Weekend Chef to join us at Passage House based in London . You will join us on a part time, fixed term contract until March 2021, working 14 hours per weekexcluding breaks (Saturday and Sunday 12noon -7.30pm). In return, you will receive a competitive rate of £10.75 per hour plus pension and other benefits.
Passage House is as 40 bed Contact & Assessment Centre for rough sleepers, new to Westminster who are referred to the project by our Outreach partners. We work to provide a safe and welcoming place to stay for up to 28 days whilst planning their supported reconnection.
We focus on developing therapeutic relationships with residents so they can be fully involved in tailoring their support and reconnection plans and be better equipped and more able to overcome negative cycles of behaviour and experiences. Passage House continues to develop effective engagement by using psychologically informed ways of working with residents as the project embarks on a new and innovative way to supportively reconnect individuals.
About the role:
As our Weekend Chef you will prepare a balanced diet within a limited budget, whilst maintaining high standards in the quality, preparation and presentation of food (with special regard to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and good food hygiene).
Key responsibilities of our Weekend Chef will include:
- Prepare and serve daily meals, planned by the full time Chef, considering the dietary requirements of clients
- Use donated food in the most creative way, incorporating it into the menus. These donations are solely for use within The Passage services
- Store delivered produce appropriately
- Keep of records and statistics
- Ensure that all necessary cleaning is done as stated within The Passage HACCP, to ensure good food safety standards are met
- Ensure that there is an emphasis on Health and Safety in the kitchen at all times.
- Act on any defects they ...