Apprentice Chef - Brixton.
Learn to create balanced, nutritious & exciting menus.
Work in purpose-built kitchens in beautiful London nurseries. We will value you as a member of the team & support & coach you as you learn. Join N to grow personally & professionally & for opportunities to progress.
- £15,600 annual salary
- Up to 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and 3 additional days over the Christmas period
- Funding & paid time off for training Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
- Promotion opportunities in a fast growing company
- 10 days full sick pay, 2 days leave for dependents leave & 5 days compassionate leave
- Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years service
- Refer a friend bonus of £500 for existing and ex employees
- Free daily lunch, smoothie and coffee
- Annual clothing allowance of £100 (no uniform)
- Amazing wellbeing benefits including Headspace membership, massages, free counselling, 10% Classpass membership discount, hardship fund, staff suggestion bonus
- Brilliant team culture, parties and celebrations
What you will be doing & learning
- Cooking fresh & inspiring food for our children from 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Constantly developing & evolving our menu, but in a cost-effective manner
- Creating fun & nutritional snacks & dishes for all children attending the nursery, including those with specific dietary requirements (3 snacks/meals a day)
- Spreading and promoting healthy messages and ideas around food
- Delivering best-in-class customer service & maintaining a positive rapport with children & parents
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Ensuring that all policies & procedures are in compliance with Environmental Health & Ofsted guidelines and that all relevant records are kept in line with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Standards