IT Systems Technician.
IT Systems Technician
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Technician with hands-on maintenance, configuration and fault finding on Systems Networks, Routers/Switches/Firewalls, Windows Servers and workstations to support the Systems Manager in the day-to-day operation, maintenance and development of the Operational Technology (OT) Systems within operating contracts.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of hands-on maintenance, configuration and fault finding on Systems Networks, Routers/Switches/Firewalls, Windows Servers and workstations.
• Ability to read and understand network diagrams
• Willingness to learn Industrial Control Systems
• Full Valid Driving Licence
• Willingness to learn hands-on maintenance, and fault-finding on LV installations and instrument wiring.
• Provide support to the Systems Manager to maintain windows-based Industrial Control Systems to achieve continued system availability for operational purposes.
• Configure system changes and update of operating manuals, procedures and drawings as instructed.
• Complete required Network and System maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: upgrade and replacement of hardware, and software obtaining and securely storing software backups, refreshing software licences.
• Assist other operational staff with fault finding and rectification of faults at operational sites.
• Complete procurement of goods and services as instructed in accordance with procurement procedures.
• Undertake maintenance of Systems at operational sites.
• Contribute to the completion of engineering projects associated with Systems and provide details for the management of change process as required.
• Work in accordance with safe systems of work and equivalent systems in place at sites operated by others. This includes preparation of work risk assessments and permits, work procedures and method statements for self, colleagues and contractor works...