Telescopic Forklift Driver.
Title: Telescopic Forklift Driver
Business Area: Kier Living
Sub Location: Telford
Kier has over 70 years of experience in the residential sector with access to a wealth of resources and expertise.
As one of the UK's largest combined property, construction and services companies, we are in a unique position: we can successfully deliver housing projects from start to finish.
To do this we need a talented workforce and as such are looking to recruit a Telescopic Forklift Driver to join the team operating from the Central region.
If you would like to join the Kier way of working and be part of an award-winning company at the forefront of innovation, then please apply now.
Reporting to the site manager, it is the responsibility of the forklift driver to manage and control the delivery of materials to the site and the distribution of materials in accordance with the construction programme and instruction from the site manager / assistant site manager or material controller.
* Ensure all deliveries are checked for quality and the correct quantity when delivered and record any defective or short deliveries in conjunction with Materials Controller where applicable;
* Store and label materials correctly in the store areas supplied (please see standard compound set up);
* Ensure that any waste materials are loaded into the correct site skips so the waste control can be managed;
* Advise the Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager of any defective/damaged materials when collecting or loading out of materials;
* Ensure that the forklift is inspected daily for maintenance purposes and weekly inspections are recorded in the Plant Register;
* Ensure that safe working practices are always adhered to and report any issues directly to the site manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative appropriately;
* Previous experience of working on large domestic volume house building sites;