Assistant Financial Accountant.
Our client is seeking an impressive Part Qualified candidate to join their team as an Assistant Financial Accountant based in Chipping Norton.
The company is a well established and highly thought of local employer in the Chipping Norton area. They have continued to do well in the current climate and are adding this role to their Finance team with exciting growth plans for the future.
Due to the location, a car driver with own vehicle would be required.
The Assistant Financial Accountant will have a hugely varied role with opportunity for career development in the longer term, the responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Financial Controller with various reporting needs
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Accruals and prepayments
• Bank reconciliations
• Intercompany accounting
• Payroll journals
• VAT returns
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
• Assisting with the Profit and Loss accounts
• Assisting with forecasting and budgeting and variance analysis commentary
• Project reporting and analysis when required
• Work closely with other members of Finance team to support with accounts payable and receivable
The successful Assistant Financial Accountant will need to be:
• Actively studying ACCA/CIMA
• Ideally a 2.1 Graduate in a numerical subject
• Previous experience working in a finance department on monthly accounts
• Highly competent and ambitious individual with a desire to continue learning and develop their career within Finance over time.
• Ability to work under pressure when needed and with a professional work ethic at all times.
• Strong communication skills are essential as is the ability to deal with senior staff across the business.
• Strong experience in Excel and highly competent in accounting systems.
The salary on offer for the Assistant Financial Accountant is between £30,000 and £32,000 plus a generous benefits package and ACCA/CIMA study package.