We are currently recruiting for a New Product Development Manager (minimum 6 month FTC) to be based across our Meals division in Leicester.
Meals is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
You will be responsible for supporting business growth in existing and emerging categories through development of new and current ranges. You will also be responsible for ensuring commercially viable concepts and must be able to demonstrate excellent customer relationship skills.
Part of your role will be to support a positive food culture – challenging the operations and process functions to improve product quality and further enhance the retailer’s reputation.
* Enable the Head of Development to support the retail Meals Team in leading the market through the launch of new products, promoting innovation and speed to market.
* To have working knowledge of the product categories, the challenges and opportunities, and also recognise potential opportunities for development and innovate to capitalise on these.
* Managing the team of Development Chefs and Technologists in liaising closely with the Finance, Purchasing, Commercial, Production and Technical departments of the 3 meals sites to ensure consistency through development.
* Understand the business and its USPs to develop products that translate effectively once scaled up.
* Work with customer brand values to enable effective translation into product proposition.
* Where required, liaise with the relevant customer contact, ensuring a good quality service is provided at all times.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-mot...